A thought, that came across quite a few times recently about WHY?. Take it any topic, people, technology, business, trade, politics all have one common thing to success, understanding the WHY. I started analyzing it a bit to see if I can understand the WHY and came across the book by SIMON SINEK, titled START WITH WHY. Yes, that is a great inspiration to read how GREAT leaders inspire everyone to take action. Hence this article.
Before we proceed, let me make it clear, this write up is to put what is going in my mind and just that and nothing more or nothing less and kindly do refrain from internalizing it any other means.
In my honest opinion, I see that if one has to experience or understand why the first fundamental thing comes to the mind is the sixth sense. Ability to think, relate, be creative etc. for a purpose. The purpose can be anything. The purpose will direct the WHY. Let me call out an example if I have to buy a thing, say PC, the first thing is WHY a PC is needed? The answer can be I need a PC to work, study, account, etc.. Now if we continue to the second level, we will start explaining about the need of a PC into much more, a student may say PC is a minimum need for learning programming, an accountant will call out that the need of PC to audit. As the purpose becomes clearer, the WHY becomes more clear. There is a trick here. The more we go deep, the more we understand. Apparently, there is a balance to strike. If we go on and on beyond a point, the purpose can get diluted and gets into a meaningless state.
Let us get back, few things I got inspired in START WITH WHY the book is the Great leaders follow the GOLDEN CIRCLE of Starting with WHY followed by few beliefs. I agree that it is only a START, and the following of WHAT & HOW also needed to be successful. Success can be defined by own measure.
This is only a tip of my thoughts, and I will continue to write, for now, let me have a basic conclusion which I felt is essential, Experiencing the WHY starts with understanding the purpose.
Comments