Skip to main content

My Journey with PSM1

I am dedicating this article to countless souls who are day-in and day-out sacrificing and contributing to the wellbeing of the society during these testing times in India.


I offer my salutations to every healthcare worker who is fighting the situation on the frontline.


Let me share why I wanted to go for a certificate and that too PSM1. Constant learning and scaling up to the need are always the best way to create positivity. A few months back, I discussed how one gets the best out of themself, during tough times. You take any field and see through the lens; successful people utilize their time and energy effectively even during times of distress. 


Along with involving in the wellbeing of the neighborhood, one should also take care of themselves. The care here is both physical and mental.

Mental health will be stable if we engage the mind in learning or practice things that make oneself fit.


This tiny little talk started introspecting my mind amidst several things running around me. I determined to channelize my mind.


I explored challenges to engage the inner self. As we adapted SCRUM recently, I started refreshing my experience and wanted to benchmark against the best. I researched PSM vs. CSM. On reading the article, I decided to take up the challenge of PSM. 


As a first step, I took the open assessment test. It gave me confidence and an eye-opener to read and understand SCRUM GUIDE better.

Once the Scrum GUIDE is understood, I attempted several times on the Open Assessment and got concepts in control.


Few tips that opened during preparation are to stay focused without any distraction. Handle one question at a time, one use case at a time, and stick to the regress training to attain perfection.


The next stop was MIKHAIL LAPSHIN. The site offers two options, Learning Mode and Real mode. Practice through the learning mode assisted in better clarity.


The few best links before the mock test are


After a month-long (few hours on the weekends), I did book my exam. 

Upon booking the exam, my anxiety levels went up. When I could feel the blood rushing through my nerves, I took a deep breath and wrote some self-rules:

  • Avoid Panic. Don't succumb to time pressure as 80 questions in 60 minutes is reality, and it will hardly give you breathing space. Just be aware and keep it simple. Live in the present one question at a time and bookmark the ones that need review.
  • Remember, this is an open-book exam. Hence, do not fall into the trap of being lost in referring to online materials during the exam. Only focus on completing all the 80 questions and self-review with your answers.
  • Pay attention to the choice of words (Example: MUST vs. COULD vs. Participate). Watch out for numbers in question like Choose the best among the answers (TWO, THREE, all)
  • More important is to read the question and look out for the actual ask. Suit them in the real-time world and answer.


Stick to your game plan and intensify your preparations. When you are in full flow, appear for the exam without any delay. One indicator could be in the mock-up exams if you are getting closer to 100% consistently.


I am sure you will get the best out of yourself in the exam, just like I had fun with 93.8% on the first attempt and relished the accomplishment.


These exercises enhance focus, mindfulness and help to rejuvenate the energy inside you. 


I wish you all the best. Stay Safe! and be healthy - physically & mentally.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thinking about Thoughts

Thinking about Thoughts I am dedicating this article to my wife Priya & beloved friend Senthil, provoking the concept of Thinking vs Thoughts. As we went for a walk, one of the thoughts that occurred is about the Touch-Me-Not Plant. We were wondering about the time that it takes by the Touch-Me-Not plan to open back. The experiment of finding the behaviour of Touch-Me-Not plant provided more fuel to our discussion.    As humans, how do you feel/realize or understand "the sixth sense"? The question of realizing the sense means, we do something different from other biological ecosystems. Aligning to our organs the sense we aware are Touch, Sight, Hear, Smell, and Taste. Along with this, we also know the sense of space. Now switch back to Plants & Animals, Touch-Me-Not plant experiment, we did blow and see can it behave differently. That allowed us to think differently right? The experiment provided us to realize it also works on the feel, the leaves folded up when t...

Training your mind to be resilient

Let us recap a well-known story of The Hospital Window. Two patients critically ill are admitted to the same room. The room has only one window. A curtain separates them, and both are in isolation. They can hear and cannot see each other. Both the patients started to have a conversation and became good friends as they found quite a few things in common. Seafood, hiking, books, and so on. The person near the window sits for an hour to get his fluids drained. The other person spends all the time flat on his back.  The friend near the window started narrating what was happening outside the hospital. He called out a lovely children's park, a beautiful lake, chirping birds on a tree, and a scenic sky by looking through the window. As days pass by, the friend on the other bed gets curious and excited for the hour. That happy hour energized him as he could hear and visualize the world outside the hospital. One day, the friend near the window had peacefully embraced his death. The nurse sa...

Truly passionate...

Thought that is in my mind for a few days that Can Passion land you into Obsession and put anyone in risk? If so, what are the ways out? Let us examine in a free flow. First, what is a big deal on passionate about an activity which you truly love and want to make a difference? why it is needed to go on a dark side and look about it. As we all know, inner passion is a successful driving factor for any individual. In my early schooling days, I enjoyed working with numbers, that helped me to work on puzzles over some time. Truly, I am not that great with them. At one point when I started solving Sudoko crazily and then few others stuff I started enjoying every bit of it. Every day I look at news for statistics on the cricket game. I tracked every news about the cricket either international or local-only because the numbers that pulled the inner kick. Suddenly one fine day, I still remember after returning from school, I went mad with my brother and threw the lunch box at him, just because...